[pfSense] port forwarding LAN to LAN

Nelson Serafica ntserafica at gmail.com
Tue May 1 10:30:21 EDT 2012

I've pfsense with port forwarding running fine if the rules is WAN to
LAN but if the rules is LAN to LAN. It doesn't work. I'm using DSL and
if WAN is down, local users cannot access the server because the ip on
WAN is not available. To resolve this issue, I use dynamic forwarder
and point the domain to the LAN Interface of pfsense and create a NAT
rule from the LAN interface redirecting port 587 to Server A port 587.
Server A has the same subnet of LAN Interface.

e.g. LAN interface is 10.0.1.1. I want to port forward 10.0.1.1 port
587 to 10.0.1.2 port 587. Is this possible?