[pfSense] pfsense gaming

Sean Cavanaugh millenia2000 at hotmail.com
Tue May 1 15:20:59 EDT 2012

From: list-bounces at lists.pfsense.org [mailto:list-bounces at lists.pfsense.org]
On Behalf Of Lazy Sod
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 1:44 PM
To: list at lists.pfsense.org
Subject: [pfSense] pfsense gaming

Looking to switch from Monowall to Pfsense for gaming reasons; I have one
Xbox 360 and have had no luck getting the strict NAT message to leave when
using Monowall.  I have noticed that some have been successful in getting
Pfsense to work without having a strict NAT message.  Following the
information in the forum hasn’t really gotten me very far.  Does it work, if
so can you point me in the right direction?  If I’ve missed something on the
Mailing list let me know where I can find that info.  Any help is
appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Per the website
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/nat-type-strict I would
say try port forwarding to your 360, or if you are bold and don’t care about
security implications, turn on UPnP.