[pfSense] pfsense hardware for a proxy, 1U w/ 12" depth

Chuck Mariotti cmariotti at xunity.com
Thu May 3 16:29:09 EDT 2012

I have used one of these (Supermicro SYS-5015A-EHF-D525), the only issue I have run into with the one I have, is that IP KVM for some reason isn't working as expected.

Specifically... if I VPN into the firewall (PPTP), I can't seem to be able to access the IP-KVM.
If I remote into a machine behind the firewall...  then try access the IP-KVM from that machine... it works fine.

I posted this issue to the group but I've never been able to solve it. Possibly something dumb I am doing but I haven't figured out what is wrong.

Chuck