[pfSense] Anyone here used Netgate hardware for home use?

Gé Weijers ge at weijers.org
Fri May 4 18:58:28 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:50 AM, justino garcia <jgarciaitlist at gmail.com>wrote:

> Anyone here used the Netgate m1n1wall 2D3 / 2D13 Blue?
> Does this unit run the full version of PFSense, and is 256 MB for a home
> office deployment enough?

I use a 2D3 with pfSense 2.0.1 (1.2.3 before that). It's a lot better than
any of the consumer hardware I used before. Memory use is under 50%,

I use one interface for WAN, one is connected to two wireless access
points, and one is attached to an HP smart switch (1800-8G) that's set up
with two VLANs. This configuration has given me no problems whatsoever. I
use a 2GB industrial SLC CompactFlash card, I don't trust the ones Netgate
sends out in their kit.

--
Gé