[pfSense] Anyone here used Netgate hardware for home use?

Mehma Sarja mehmasarja at gmail.com
Fri May 4 20:16:48 EDT 2012

On 5/4/12 3:58 PM, Gé Weijers wrote:
> configuration has given me no problems whatsoever. I use a 2GB
> industrial SLC CompactFlash card, I don't trust the ones Netgate sends
> out in their kit.

A home m1n1wall firewall 2E 2D2 with both 1.2.3 and now 2.0.1 and been
using it for about 3 years. Works well except been through 2 CF cards.
I'd get a really good CF card.

The other thing to watch is you will need some older h/w with a serial
port to get console access. Have had a couple of opportunities to use it.

Mehma