[pfSense] MTU/stability issues

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Sat May 5 20:16:39 EDT 2012

>You don't want MTU, you want MSS clamping.

Appreciate the confirmation, some reading and trial and error had me try this and I am
running at a value of 1360 which has more than tripled my outbound throughput.

How does this affect the similar settings available in an Openvpn instance passing
through this interface, I presume --mssfix should be set equivalently?

Before I set the mss value on the wan int, I ran an mtu-test in one of the openvpn
instances which suggested the defalt value (1557) was ok, and rerunning after setting
mss on the wan int showed no change.

Thanks,
jlc