[pfSense] 2.0.1: routing failover possible?

Ray ray at renegade.zapto.org
Thu May 10 14:22:34 EDT 2012

Hi there,

is there a way to configure automatic routing failover in pfSense?

I have this situation (best displayed with fixed width font):

            ------- pfSense B1 -------
pfSense A                               pfSense C
            ------- pfSense B2 -------

I want to route from pfSense A to pfSense C. Currently I've got a fixed
route via pfSense B1. Is there a way to automatically fail over to
pfSense B2 if pfSense B1 is down? All connections shown above are Layer
3 OpenVPN tunnels.

Cheers,
Ray