[pfSense] 2.0.1: routing failover possible?

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Thu May 10 14:55:34 EDT 2012

Yes, this happens automatically if you use 2.0+, with Gateway Monitoring,
which I believe is turned on by default.  You may need to ensure B1 & B2
are reachable via different interfaces, however.  If that's not feasible
(i.e. both B1 & B2 are on the same subnet), then perhaps you should be
using CARP between B1 & B2 to solve the problem instead.

-Adam Thompson
 athompso at athompso.net