[pfSense] pfsense on sun v100 server

Michael Schuh michael.schuh at gmail.com
Thu May 10 21:16:50 EDT 2012

2012/5/10 Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs.com>

> [...]

Hi at list

i am not sure if somebody else mentioned that before:

...may be a different approach to get pfsense running on UltraSparc:
get the developer version/sources, put it on a FreeBSD 8.x ( iirc 8.2)
and try to cross-compile the entire architectire to UltraSparc.
At the best point you have a Ulstrasparc running with FreeBSD, where you
can put the sources on it, so no need to cross-compile.

The SunFire V100 Hardware is fully supported according to the HW-Notes of
FreeBSD8.2.

I am just not really sure what packages/functionality isn't supported on
Ultrasparc in compare to i386/amd64.

So that would be my first try,
i think thats the easiest way

hth

greetings

m.

--
= = =  http://michael-schuh.net/  = = =
Projektmanagement - IT-Consulting - Professional Services IT

= = =  Ust-ID:  DE251072318  = = =