[pfSense] 2 LANs and time based limits

jerome alet jerome.alet at univ-nc.nc
Fri May 11 07:18:14 EDT 2012

Hi again,

So am I correct with this scenario :

1 - Create the 7a.m. to 6p.m. schedule

2 - Create a single limiter, say 20 Mbits/s, with no other option, to dedicate 20 Mbits/s to classrooms (so appartments will use the remaining bandwidth that is still available when this limiter applies)

3 - When creating a rule, I add this rule only to the "classrooms" interface, and use the single limiter's name in both the IN and OUT drop down lists in the "Advanced features" of rule creation. Then I put this rule with "PASS" mode at the top for it to be evaluated first (or is it important at all where I put it wrt other rules) ?

Am I correct ?

Thanks for your feedback, I've never used limiters before and since I'll do this on the production system I'd like to not make too much mistakes.

Thanks in advance for your help

--
Jerome Alet