[pfSense] Multiple port ranges in alias

Moshe Katz moshe at ymkatz.net
Sun May 13 21:45:08 EDT 2012

We have aliases with multiple ports that work just fine:

 PortsAltHTTPS 444, 8443, 8444, 8445 Alternate HTTPS Ports for COMSERVER3
 PortscPanelPorts 80, 443, 2083, 2087, 22, 2096, 2095
 PortsJabber 5222, 9091, 7443, 5229
 PortsNetmeeting 1720, 1503 Netmeeting Ports
 PortsRemoteManagement 443, 22 Ports for HostsAllowedRemoteManagement
 PortsVintageSecurity 2001 Alarm System
 PortsWifiToLAN 53, 80, 443, 3389 Ports on LAN open to Wifi

We currently have no ranges defined in our rules but I just created a test
alias with two port ranges of 15 ports each and created a rule to pass
traffic on those ports.  It seemed to work just fine.

Are you trying to put the alias in the "End Port" box on the rule page?
 AFAIK, you only need to put it in the "Start Port" box (though pfSense
will copy it to the other box after you save the rule).

What version of pfSense are you running?

Moshe

--
Moshe Katz
-- moshe at ymkatz.net